FL FULLER LANDAU CEDARS DRAGON BOAT REGATTAS
Since its inception in 2006, our FL fun family and friends fundraising event has raised over $6 million dollars.
Staged along the waterfront of Montreal’s scenic Promenade Père-Marquette in Lachine, the annual FL Fuller Landau Cedars Dragon Boat Regattas are a full day of competition and festivities.
Participation to our event begins well before race day! Corporate and friends and family teams of 20 paddlers per dragon boat, sign up throughout the year. Each team must raise a minimum of $12,500 prior to race day ($625 per paddler).
ABOUT CEDARS CANCER FOUNDATION
The Cedars Cancer Foundation is a hospital-based charity whose mission is to provide comprehensive cancer care for all cancer patients – pediatric, adolescent and young adult (AYA), adults and those in palliative care – who are being treated at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC). The Cedars Cancer Foundation fulfills this mission by providing much-needed funds:
- To purchase state-of-the-art diagnostic oncology equipment
- To improve facilities for the treatment and care of cancer patients. Accomplishments include the creation of the Cedars Breast Clinic at the Royal Victoria Hospital, renovations to Sarah’s Floor – the hematology/oncology division at the Montreal Children’s Hospital, renovations to the Palliative Care Unit at the Montreal General Hospital, and much more
- To run the Cedars CanSupport program, which offers free psychosocial, practical and humanitarian assistance to cancer patients and their families, as well as financial assistance through the Wilfrid Howick Humanitarian Endowment Fund
- To support cancer research through the Henry R. Shibata Fellowship Award
- To provide annual visiting professorships in oncology that bring world-renowned researchers, educators and physicians to the McGill teaching hospitals – the Vivian Saykaly Visiting Professorship in Medical Oncology and the Edward J. Tabah Visiting Professorship in Surgical Oncology
- To improve awareness of cancer-related issues through free public lectures and educational programs.